November 23rd, 2013 by Mitchell Sundt
The BETA for ODK Survey is now available. This is a BETA release.
It is not intended for production use.
Beta releases should never be used for production deployments. Beta releases are provided to gather bug reports (to make the application more robust) and for user feedback on the capabilities of the application. Updates may result in loss of data or incompatible changes in form designs.
Non-technical users may find the usage descriptions difficult to follow and there may be a considerable number of manual steps needed to utilize the tools.
We expect to release a second Beta with an incompatible database change as we align the database structures of ODK Survey, ODK Tables, and ODK Aggregate's new Tables storage subsystems.
We consider this Beta to be nearly code complete. We are considering changes to how the back button works (both the device back button and the back button within the app). We also expect to change the CSS styling of the widgets to create a flatter, more modern, look-and-feel.
Instructions for ODK Survey are available here.
October 11th, 2013 by Waylon Brunette
Three members of the ODK team Waylon Brunette, Nicola Dell, and Morgan Vigil led a open source session on Oct 5th at Grace Hopper Open Source Day in Minneapolis, MN, USA.
About 20 open source participants spent the day improving various ODK tools. One group focused on fixing Briefcase's ability to pull files over USB on Android 4.x phones (unfortunately, there is still a lack of library support for MTP devices on various platforms). Another group of participants contributed to improving widget layouts in Survey while others contributed to ODK newest tool Submit (which is unreleased).
October 3rd, 2013 by Mitchell Sundt
Version 1.4 updates to the ODK tools are now available:
ODK Collect 1.4 rev 1037
- Fix to prevent corruption during encryption. See notes for details.
- new 'placement-map' appearance for geopoint widget. Allows the user to move the location marker on the map.
- Now uses Android 3.x and 4.x look-and-feel when running on those devices.
- Several functions have been added for use in calculations.
- Numerous other bug fixes and enhancements.
See ODK Collect Release Notes for details.
ODK Aggregate 1.4
- New Google Maps Engine publisher. See Google Maps Engine Instructions for details.
- Changed behavior: Z-Alpha JSON Server has changed.
- PostgreSQL fix for issue preventing some form definitions from being uploaded to the server.
See ODK Aggregate Release Notes for details and upgrade instructions.
ODK Validate 1.4
Improve reporting of errors and eliminate some inappropriate warnings.
ODK Briefcase 1.4
Automatically recover submission data when the encrypted submission has been corrupted (partial fix). See ODK Briefcase Release Notes for details.
ODK FormUploader 1.4