Our community produces two suites of software: ODK and ODK-X (formerly ODK 2).
Each suite contains tools that work together to collect, use, and manage data, but the two suites require different levels of technical skill, are at different stages of adoption, and are incompatible.
ODK: Tools for the common case
The ODK suite contains our most well-known and widely deployed tools, so we recommend you start with it!
- For teams who need simple tools that support the most common use cases
- Widely deployed, proven at scale, and compatible with a large ecosystem (e.g., Ona, Enketo, Kobo, ELMO)
- Includes ODK Collect, ODK Aggregate, ODK XLSForm, ODK Build, ODK Briefcase, and ODK Central
Read the ODK Docs.
Download ODK Tools.
ODK-X: Tools for complex workflows
If you find that the ODK suite and accompanying ecosystem does not meet your needs, try the ODK-X suite!
- Features non-sequential navigation, bi-directional synchronization, and on-device data management
- Includes ODK-X Application Designer, ODK-X Services, ODK-X Survey, ODK-X Tables, and ODK-X Suitcase
Read the ODK-X Docs.
Download ODK-X Tools.