ODK Build is a form designer with a drag-and-drop user interface. Build is an HTML5 web application and works best for designing simple forms.
Using the Application
- Please read all the instructions and notes before beginning.
- Go to http://build.opendatakit.org and sign in.
- Add a new prompt, by dragging the elements from the bottom of the screen onto the blank canvas.
- For each prompt, modify its properties on the right portion of the screen.
- Prompts can also be rearranged through drag and drop.
- When the form is finished, go to the File menu, Save and then Export to XML.
- Forms do not have to be uploaded to Aggregate before they are used. They can be manually added to Collect. Simply place them in the /odk/forms folder on your Android device’s SD card.
- For more powerful form designers, try XLS2XForm, Vellum, or Kobo, or PurcForms. We also have sample forms and design guidelines if you wish to design forms manually.