ODK Build is a form designer with a drag-and-drop user interface. Build is an HTML5 web application and works best for designing simple forms.
Using the Application
- Please read all the instructions and notes before beginning.
- Go to http://build.opendatakit.org and sign in.
- Add a new prompt, by dragging the elements from the bottom of the screen onto the blank canvas.
- For each prompt, modify its properties on the right portion of the screen.
- Prompts can also be rearranged through drag and drop.
- When the form is finished, go to the File menu, Save and then Export to XML.
- Forms do not have to be uploaded to Aggregate before they are used. They can be manually added to Collect. Simply place them in the /odk/forms folder on your Android device’s SD card.
- For more powerful form designers, try XLS2XForm, Vellum, or Kobo, or PurcForms. We also have sample forms and form design documentation. And, in particular, design guidelines if you wish to design forms manually.