XLSForm (formerly XLS2Xform) is a tool to simplify the creation of forms. Forms can be designed with Excel and XLSForm will convert them to XForms that can be used with ODK tools.
Using the Application
- To design your form read XLSForm form design help and check out the sample Excel file.
- Once your xls form is ready submit it for conversion in the area below:
- enketo previews generated from this converter will not include media.
- Here is a XLSForm offline converter for Windows.
- Forms do not have to be uploaded to Aggregate before they are used. They can be manually added to Collect. Simply place them in the /odk/forms folder on your Android device’s SD card.
- For a simpler, more user friendly form designer, try Build. For more powerful form designers, try Vellum, Kobo, or PurcForms. We also have sample forms and design guidelines if you wish to design forms manually.
- XLSForm is also available through Formhub. Formhub makes it easy to share forms and collected data.
- When this tool was renamed to XLSForm there were many changes to the syntax. The new version is mostly backwards compatible with the old syntax.
- XLSForm works with ODK Collect version 1.1.7 or later.