XLSForm (formerly XLS2Xform) is a tool to simplify the creation of forms. Forms can be designed with Excel and XLSForm will convert them to XForms that can be used with ODK tools.
Using the Application
- To design your form read XLSForm form design help and check out the sample Excel file.
- Once your xls form is ready submit it for conversion in the area on this page
- Nafundi's XLSForm Offline is an app for Windows and Mac that can convert and validate forms. It's always available, very fast, and easy to use.
- Nathan Breit's xlsform.exe works offline and runs on some Windows systems.
- pyxform is a Python library. It works offline and can be used on the command line to convert forms.
- XLSForm is also available through Formhub.org and Ona.io. Both services require Internet connection and also make it easy to share converted forms and collected data.
- enketo previews generated from this converter will not include media.
- Forms do not have to be uploaded to Aggregate before they are used. They can be manually added to Collect. Simply place them in the /odk/forms folder on your Android device’s SD card.
- For a simpler, more user friendly form designer, try Build. For more powerful form designers, try Vellum, Kobo, or PurcForms. We also have sample forms and design guidelines if you wish to design forms manually.
- When this tool was renamed to XLSForm there were many changes to the syntax. The new version is mostly backwards compatible with the old syntax.
- XLSForm works with ODK Collect version 1.1.7 or later.