I'm excited to announce the launch of the ODK Discussion Series! The goal of the discussion series is to explore the many and varied uses of ODK around the world, as well as to celebrate the contribution of Gaetano Borriello, the visionary behind the ODK project, who passed away earlier this year, far too young.
Starting Oct 5th, each week will begin with a brief post on the ODK Community email list and during the course of the week, we'll have back and forth questions, answers, and general discussion. The goal of each discussion is to look at both what worked and did not work and/or explore important topics related to mobile data collection.
We've got a number of great presenters and topics lined up already:
- Oct 5: The three principles that guided ODK's design (Yaw Anokwa, Nafundi)
- Oct 12: Implementing ODK 2.0 (Neil Hendrick)
- Oct 18: How have you raised the bar on data quality? (Christopher Robert, SurveyCTO)
- Nov 8: The importance of Open Standards. What we learned collaborating on the XLSForm spec (Matt Berg and Alex Dorey, Ona and KoboToolbox)
- Nov 17: Incorporating ODK components into existing toolset (Marc Abbyad, Medic Mobile)
- Nov 24: Use of ODK after the Nepal Earthquake (Prabhas Pokharel)
- Dec 15: Using ODK as a data source for DHIS2 and Salesforce (Taylor Downs)
- Dec 21: ELMO and the Carter Center (Connie Moon Sehat)
Thanks to Neal Lesh for putting this series together and I'm looking forward to a great discussion!