January 24th, 2017 by Yaw Anokwa
Continuing with our ✨ community-powered ✨ monthly release cycle, new versions of ODK Collect, ODK Build, and ODK Briefcase are now available!
ODK Collect v1.4.14 (Download)
Thanks to Brent, Carsten, Ian, Jeff, Mark, Neil and Peter for their contributions to this release!
- Adds open source credits
- Adds copy/paste with long-press on text field
- Removes instruction screen at start (learn how to add your own here)
- Fixes downloading media from Google Drive form
- Fixes user/pass not visible
- Fixes form names not wrapping
- Fixes toggle all on list screens
Read full release notes: https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/releases
Report any issues: https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues
ODK Build (Use)
- Adds exporting to XLSForm-compliant Excel files (File > Export to XLSForm)
- Adds uploading forms to non-Google ODK Aggregate servers
- Adds Date/Time and Time control types
- Adds more metadata options: Today, Username, Subscriber ID, SIM Serial
- Adds geotrace (GPS path) and geoshape (GPS polygon) options to Location.
Report any issues: https://github.com/opendatakit/build/issues
ODK Briefcase v1.4.10 (Download)
Thanks to Carsten and Saul for their contributions to this release!
- Adds alphabetic form sorting
- Adds settings pane for Briefcase storage location
- Adds saving server settings between restarts
- Fixes "Details..." user interface
Read full release notes: https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/releases
Report any issues: https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/issues
Remember, you have the power to make ODK better!
If you are a user, file issues when you find them. If you are a developer, join us on http://slack.opendatakit.org and help fix those issues for our next monthly release. Thanks and happy data collection!
November 29th, 2016 by Yaw Anokwa
ODK Collect v1.4.12 is now available for download and will be rolling out on Google Play over the next few hours.
- Adds Estonian translations
- Adds SNI support
- Adds USGS, Stamen, and CartoDB basemaps
- Removes Mapquest basemap
- Fixes unclosed Geoshape polygon
You can find more details in the release notes.
Thanks to Allan, Brent, Hélène, Jon, Max, and Neil for their contributions to this release! If you are a developer, don't let these folks have all the fun. Go to GitHub and help us fix bugs for the next release.
October 27th, 2016 by Yaw Anokwa
ODK Collect v1.4.11 is now available for download and will be rolling out on Google Play over the next few hours.
This release has some great additions:
- Adds offline mapping and geoshape/geotrace widgets (docs on this soon!)
- Adds Ogg and WebM audio/video file types
- Adds custom functions for external application params
And a number of improvements and fixes:
- Improves Google Drive and Google Sheets support
- Improves Markdown support
- Improves right-to-left internationalization
- Fixes URLs with spaces that cause crash
- Fixes unit tests in Markdown feature
- Fixes device ID is not unique on Android M
- Fixes crash from playing audio files
- Fixes translation on bearing widget
- Fixes null pointers in label
You can find more detail in the release notes.
This is the first community-powered release of ODK Collect and it has been a collaborative effort. Huge thanks to Allison, Brent, Carl, Clarice, Jeff, Jon, Lindsay, Marc, Martijn, Max, Mitch, Nyoman, Sam, and Tanya for their contributions!
We need your contribution to make ODK better. If you are a user, try out this release and report any problems you find in the issue tracker. If you are a developer, we need your help triaging those issues, fixing them, and preparing the next release.