There are several ways in which you can get involved with our project.
The easiest way to start is to join the opendatakit community mailing list. Much of the community interaction occurs on this main list so subscribe and participate.
If you are a software developer seeking to add features or create your own custom version of the ODK software, please also join the opendatakit-developers mailing list. Our issue tracker, wiki, and source code can be found at https://github.com/opendatakit. We are also on Slack chat at http://slack.opendatakit.org. The Slack archive is at https://opendatakit.slackarchive.io
Both mailing lists are moderated to filter out spam:
- If this is your first posting to either list, it may take several business days before your post is published to the list.
- The ODK core team monitors both mailing lists.
- Post your questions to only one of the lists.
- Before posting, please search the mailing list to see if someone has already asked that same question.
- Your questions are distributed to over 2500 people on the community list and over 1000 on the developers list. Try not to waste their time by asking questions that have already been answered.
ODK is an open source software project that is free for anyone to download, use, and adapt. If you would like to support ODK's continued research and development, please consider making a tax-deductible donation.
Regardless of if you are a developer or user, we always need help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's start working together! Below are some ideas.
- Great at design? Maybe you can help us with user interfaces.
- Love making videos? Maybe you can do a screencast of our tools.
- Natural leader? Maybe you can organize a hackathon.
- Speak fluent Swahili? Maybe you can translate ODK Collect.
- Experienced tester? Maybe you can triage bugs.
- Gifted marketer? Spread the word about ODK.
- Excel at writing? Maybe you can keep our wiki easy to read.
- Want to donate? Give a tax-deductible gift here.